Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Back Stabbers

Pressured by the hurt you caused me,
don't know which way to go.
The fighting and screaming goes back and forth,
while I stand in the middle of it all.
"This is the second time you did this to me!"
One of the screamers says. Is she innocent in her attempt to win?
"No! This is the first!"
The other one says. Is she guilty over her words?
"Doesn't matter, you still did it!"
Used to be the best of friends,
but now that's crumbling down fast.
She walks away quickly,
should I follow and leave one hanging,
or stay and watch her walk in sorrows?
My feet pull me towards her.
"I'm on Carlee's side now!"
The screamer shouts to the lonely one.
I just try to keep up in her rampage.
We leave her to argue in her mind,
bystanders who have witnessed it try to comfort HER!
But they choose the wrong person,
for they don't know the whole story....
We walk in our impish victory,
to go and sit in our despair of reality.
The screamer and I might have lost a friend....
to the lies that SHE has told....

1 comment: