Friday, April 3, 2009

Shaken

I was sleeping on the couch,
with the t.v. still on. It was about 11:00 p.m.
The phone started ringing that annoying chime-chime sound. I opened
my sleep-wrenched eyes.
"Ughhhhhhh."
I had to get it because I was the only one home.
Think I would be partying, huh?
I drag my feet on the floor, with my green froggy slippers.
"Hulllo....?" I say.
"Emma...? Is that you? H-help me!"
It was my best friend Kylie. She sounded like a child who really needed their mommy.
My brain really wasn't quite registered to understand that right now.
"Wuh-huh? Kylie? What's....wrong?" was all I managed to get out.
"A-are you alone? C-cuz I really need your help!" She was sobbing into the phone now.
Her pain was screaming at me. At that moment, I knew I needed to help her.
"Yes, Kylie, I'm alone. No one is home. It's o.k, just talk to me."
"I need to leave home now! Hurry please just let me know if I can stay over at your house tonight! Hurry, he's almost here!"
By now, it sounded like she couldn't breathe!
"Wuh? Ummmm...sure you can stay. Who's coming?!"
"I'll explain it to you when I get there! Thanks! I need to pack, quickly!"
The line cut dead.....
"Bye....." I said into the dead line.
It was 11:45 p.m. Kylie would be here around 12:00 p.m.
I trudged over to the sofa and flopped down.
The t.v. was on Ellen DeGeneres. I left it on that.
I was shaking for what was to come....
We'll find out soon enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment